Private Duty Home Care
Many seniors and older individuals enjoy living in the safety and comfort of their own home, with the help of a private duty caregiver.
Some older adults want to remain in the comfort and security of their own homes but may need help with daily living activities such as dressing, preparing meals, remembering to take medication, getting to and from appointments, or even help with shopping.
Private duty care can help with daily living activities like meal preparation, bathing, grooming, navigation and housekeeping as needed. Along with these activities, Private duty care can involve family respite assistance. Providing respite assistive care helps family members take a break from providing care, allowing them to focus on their own personal responsibilities.
Private duty care can be paid for through insurance, government programs including VetAssist and even private pay options. We are happy to help you answer any questions to navigate your available options for private duty home care. Contact Harmony Home Care for more private duty home care information.
What is Private Duty Home Care?
Private duty home care is a service that is provided to seniors who are in need of support for day-to-day tasks and activities. A private duty home caregiver will visit the home of your loved one and help with daily activities including meal preparation, housekeeping, personal grooming, and hygiene. The private duty home caregiver may also provide companionship to your loved one, as well as respite care to relieve family members who typically care for their loved ones on a regular basis.
Private duty home caregivers make it possible for elderly individuals to stay home safely and enjoy the familiarity and comfort of their own space that they’ve lived in for years. Private duty home care can also make it possible to complete transportation for the elderly to places that they wish to visit.
Typically, private duty home care services support elderly individuals with a multitude of day-to-day tasks and activities. Below is a common list of services offered by Harmony Home Care private duty home caregivers.
A private duty home caregiver from Harmony Home Care is able to provide personal care. Personal care services for seniors includes maintaining personal hygiene with bathing, laundry services, dressing, and personal grooming services.
Private duty home care provides your loved ones with companionship that can help to keep your loved one involved and engaged in relationships. Private duty home care providers can help ensure that your loved one is eating healthy and nutritious meals by cooking and doing light grocery shopping.
Daily medication reminders set by a private duty home caregiver will safely inform your loved one when it is time to take his or her medication.
Transportation for Shopping, Doctor’s Visits or Other Needs
Light housekeeping and other various home maintenance are common support services made available to those who have a private duty home caregiver. These caregivers can also take your loved ones shopping, to events or activities, and doctor’s appointments as well.
Contact us today to learn more about the private duty home care support provided by Harmony Home Care.
Harmony Home Care provides private duty home care to senior individuals. We work with a variety of skilled nursing and care professionals to coordinate care services that help your loved one with different day-to-day tasks and activities. Our highly-skilled nursing professional team can help seniors with support services including:
- Personal Care - A private duty home caregiver from Harmony Home Care is able to provide personal care such as maintaining personal hygiene. This includes bathing, laundry services, dressing, and personal grooming services.
- Homemakers/Companions - Private duty home care provides your loved ones with companionship that eliminates the common feeling of isolation found in a senior who is placed in assisted living facilities. Having a personal connection to another person while you and your family are not present can remove the strain of loneliness felt in living facilities.
- Meal Preparation - Private duty home care can provide meal preparation for your loved one. In addition, Harmony Home Care can provide cooking and light grocery shopping as another added service to bring an activity into your loved one’s life.
- Medication Reminders - Daily medication reminders set by a private duty home caregiver will safely inform your loved one when it is time to take their medication. Keep your loved one healthy with medication reminders and prescription pick-ups.
- Transportation for Shopping, Doctor’s Visits or Other Needs - Light housekeeping and other various home maintenance are common health services made available to those who have a private duty home caregiver. These caregivers can also make transportation arrangements for shopping, light events or activities, and doctor’s appointments as well.
To learn more about the private duty home care services provided by Harmony Home Care, contact us at 888-772-5474 today.
How to Choose a Private Duty Home Caregiver
Harmony Home Care will work with you by assessing the needs of your loved one to find the best caregiver to work with them. Our caregivers will be issued after initial consultations, with the goal of satisfying your loved one’s emotional and medical needs. Our private duty home caregivers have years of experience, training and education.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about your options for professional health care services at home. Contact us at 888-772-5474 today to learn more about the private duty home care services provided by Harmony Home Care.